September 15, 2008

a day at work

On Friday it was our quarterly department outing. We had a meeting that morning and then we went up to Solitude ski resort and played a game of frisbee golf. It was a lot of fun! For those of you who have never played it, it's a lot like golf but played with frisbees instead of golf balls (hence the name).

Niki, Dave, me


Group shot of everyone.
Back L-R: Steve, Nikol, Carly, David, David, Kelly, Jerry
Middle L-R: Jason, Allison, Niki, Anthony, me
Front L-R: Nick, Greg, Eric, Sammie, Jennifer


Hiking up to the first hole.


This is the platform that everyone has to stand on when you threw the first frisbee at the beginning of each hole. If you look close you can see an orange flag at the bottom. That's the goal - to get your frisbee in the basket with as few throws as possible. Some were a little tricky because there were trees in the way... or moose...


He was right in our path!


After throwing each time everyone had to go searching for where your frisbee landed (sometimes in trees and you had to get them down or find a new frisbee). Once the frisbees were located you got to decide as a team who had the better shot at the pin and then everyone threw from that spot.


Here's my team - go us!

Bring it on boys!


At the end of the course, which was Brighton ski resort, we added up scores (how many throws per hole) and turns out my team was victorious! We won a free day off with pay! Wahoo!

Overall, it was a great day and lots of fun! Can't wait until the next outing!

9 comments:

Richard and Teona said...

Looks like Fun!! Love your new background. Loves

Mother Lori said...

Great work activity, I wish we would do something like that where I work. Awesome pictures especially the moose. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Love ya and stuff

Niki and Jess said...

Your team cheated w/ Jason and his "professional" frisbee! Poo on you for winning a day off w/ pay! :)

lydiaoutnumbered said...

Wow! I hardly recognize anyone on your team anymore! I'm so glad to know your blog address... now I can blog-stalk you. Mwa ha ha!

jon and whit said...

that sounds kinda hard... but FUN!! i'm definitely gonna suggest that to my boss.. can't wait to see you this weekend!!

The Reimers Family said...

How fun is that? Not a bad prize for winning!

leesh said...

hey, it's alicia... amy's sister :)
it's been a while! i was so excited to find you and marie's blog! i am new to this whole blogging deal, but i love how it brings people together! i hope you are doing well! cute slideshow, it was fun to watch!

Kristen said...

Cute blog Its fun to see what everyone is up too.
Looks like your having fun and enjoying life.

Greg and Lisa said...

So fun! That makes me a little nervous having that moose so close...If you;ll excuse my fear of most animals right now, I am reading the Twilight series and I sware there is a legend behind everyone now, lol.
Speaking of, I am sure you've read them, and I am trying to figure out good read, sorry I am such an invalid at "most" computer things. But what did you think of tis series? I am on book 4 and I am just not sure what I feel. Tell me your opinion. Love ya! Love your pics too! Lis