April 12, 2011

a night with the Queen & King

We had a magical night with the Queen & King... of country music!


I went to the Reba & George concert the other night!  IT. WAS. AWESOME!  Mom called about a week before to tell me that she and Dad were going to come and visit me for the weekend.  After I got off the phone with her I heard an advertisement on the radio for the concert.  I called her back and convinced her that we needed to go.  Since it was kind of a last minute (week prior) decision to go, our seats were clear up in the upper bowl at the ESA.  They actually weren't too bad.  LeeAnn Womack opened for them and then Reba performed with a guest appearance from Melissa Peterman (aka Barbara Jean for you fans of the TV show Reba) - hilarious! - and then George Strait performed last.  It was 4 hours of bliss!  I loved it!  When we left it was pouring rain so by the time we got back to the car we were totally soaked and freezing.  But, that didn't dampen the fun we had!





4 comments:

Greg and Lisa said...

So FUN! I didn't know your folks went with you- what a great night!!!

Richard and Teona said...

Yes!! we had a great time!! Thanks Sis

Kandice said...

Ha! I love the wet look. I love Melissa Peterman. Glad you had a good time.

Cindy Anderson said...

I love it that you're a country girl!!!