July 12, 2008

The Old Torrey Rock Church House



A little piece of Torrey is changing forever on Main Street. This month they are demolishing the old Rock Chapel and building a new and larger church. It's a little sad because this is the first chapel I can remember going to. I remember back to when it was the cultural hall and the front that now has the church name was the front doors and some steps leading up to it. To the right, you walked around on the sidewalk, up 2 steps, and then to the left was another enterance to the small kitchen area or to the left to the small modular trailer where we met for sacrament meeting. I also remember seeing Santa on the front steps and performing dances and singing songs on the stage inside. I guess it's memories like these that we'll keep and the pictures that we have to remember the Old Rock Church by. It's great that Torrey Ward now needs a larger ward house but it's sad to think of no longer driving down main street and seeing this piece of Torrey history.

1 comment:

Greg and Lisa said...

Hey To,
I wish that we could have seen you over the 4th. I like your blog - seeing you out on the mountain makes me homesick...wish things would stay like they were sometimes! Love ya! Lis