August 12, 2008

Gone Campin'

Our family vacation this year was to go camping for a week up on "our mountain" - Boulder. It was a lot of fun! It was great to get away from the city and life in general and enjoy nature.




It was a week of firsts for me this week too. After 20+ years of asking Dad if I could try cutting something with his chainsaw he finally gave in and let me cut some firewood. It was fun but after sawing up one log my arms were tired! Guess I need to get back to my weight lifting class and strengthen my arms up again.


Another first was that Marie and I tried out Brandons motorcycle while he was at work one day. I have never attempted to drive it by myself. It was a challenge with my short legs but after tipping it over once, trying to start it a bazillion times andthen getting it started and killing it right off I finally succeeded. Thanks Marie for the tips and help!


Overall it was a great week. We had some rain towards the end of the week so I was able to enjoy my favorite smell of all - wet mountain, pine, & quakies. LOVE IT!!! and it makes for some fun scenic photos.

3 comments:

jon and whit said...

way to go Chona!! i'm too big of a wuss to ride a motorcyle! you're the woman!! hopefully we'll get to see you guys for labor day!

Kandice said...

Pretty pictures! Love it all! Miss the mountains too! Can't wait for the scrapbook fair. I'm bring the dble stroller for all our loot.

Chris and Lindsey said...

I'm glad you guys have gotten to go camping alot you can make up for us. Nobody has time for camping up here and hasn't really felt that great either. I wish we could have gone to the good ol Boulder mountain for some awesome camping I love that place!!!