August 24, 2008

good times!

On August 14th I went down to meet up with Lisa and Alynn to see Pride & Prejudice - The Musical. Lisa had got tickets so we went for her birthday. It was a lot of fun! I was a little hesitant about it being a musical...but, it was pretty good!

I had left Salt Lake right after work to advoid rush hour traffic and figured I could easily kill some time in Provo. I ended up at the RC Willey outlet where I met and fell in love with a hutch. I was able to talk the salesman down $600 dollars and ended up buying it! It's so cute! They only problem was that it was now in Provo and I had to figure out a way to get it from there to Salt Lake since it wouldn't fit in my car. So I arranged with Dad to come up the following weekend which he agreed to. But, later I decided to see if Ray would let me borrow his truck and save my parents the trip. He agreed to let me borrow it so we did a car swap on Monday & I drove down to Provo and picked it up. Once I got it back to my apartment I enlisted the help of a couple of guys in the complex who helped me unload it. Once we got it into my apartment and tried to stand it up I found out that it was too tall!! So I had to take the legs off, stand it up, and then put the legs on it again one side at a time. But, now it's all together and looks beautiful!!!



7 comments:

jon and whit said...

you are the woman!! that sounds like a lot of work! but totally worth it - it's DARLING!!! i want one of those! but i KNOW it wouldn't fit in my house... or my budget. maybe someday...

Richard and Teona said...

Cute hutch!! I like it on that wall next to your new table and chairs! What a girl..looks very nice, (needs some cute new dishes...don't you think?) Love ya

Kandice said...

Love it! Love it! Wish I could have seen you driving the big truck?! LOL. Can't wait to see you soon. We're going to party.

The Smiths said...

teo I love the hutch!!!!! So very cute and very you! I miss you!!!

natalie horrocks said...

your hutch looks awesome!! I'm glad you got it to fit!!!!!!

The Reimers Family said...

ooooh! That is a beauty! You've always had such good taste!

Tanya said...

Toe,
Good job...way to bargain! Its so cute! I wish I could have gone with you to the musical.....Ash was pretty sick that day though!
Tan